- This event has passed.
CONF: P. F. Strawson at 100 (KU Leuven, Belgium)
22 November 2019–23 November 2019
Stefaan Cuypers, Stefan Rummens, Benjamin De Mesel, Audun Bengtson, Sybren Heyndels are organising a conference on P. F. Strawson, of whom 2019 is the centenary. Strawson’s “Freedom and Resentment” (1962) is a seminal text that continues to exert great influence on contemporary debate on free will and moral responsibility.
The following is the information circulated by the organisers:
P.F. STRAWSON AT 100
22-23 November 2019
KU Leuven, Belgium
- Lucy Allais (University of California, San Diego and University of the Witwatersrand)
- Stefaan Cuypers and Arnold Burms (KU Leuven)
- Giuseppina D’Oro (Keele University)
- Hans-Johann Glock (University of Zurich)
- Anil Gomes (Oxford University)
- Victoria McGeer (Princeton University)
- Paul Russell (University of British Columbia and Lund University)
- Paul Snowdon (University College London)
P.F. Strawson was born on November 23, 1919. Exactly one hundred years later, we are organizing a conference in his honour. Strawson’s work covers a wide range of issues in the philosophy of logic and language, metaphysics, epistemology, moral philosophy and metaphilosophy. Although Strawson has been recognized as one of the greatest philosophers of the 20th century, we believe that much of his work merits more attention in contemporary analytic philosophy. This conference aims to address Strawson’s most important contributions and to bring out their continuing relevance for current debates.
INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
See the conference website: https://hiw.kuleuven.be/cespp/